Modern waterside living meets historic charm.
Stylish new homes for sale in Bristol.
- Winner of 2017 Michelmore's Property Awards - The General - Heritage Project of the Year
- Silver for 2017 WhatHouse? Award for Best Apartment Scheme
- Winner for 2017 Evening Standard New Homes Awards for Best Out of London Home
- Highly Commended for 2017 Evening Standard New Homes Awards for Best Property Conversion
- Winner of 2017 South West RICS Award for Building Conservation
- Highly Commended for 2017 South West RICS Award for Residential
The General, located in BS1 and just a short walk from the city centre and Bristol Temple Meads, offers stylish converted character homes within the original listed buildings. Many of the apartments benefit from water facing or courtyard views, allocated parking and lift access. Contemporary brand new properties with light, modern interiors can be found in The New Yard and The Iron Foundry - It is rare to find such a combination of new homes, but The General delivers on all counts.
When complete The General will be home to a collection of 205 one to four bedroom new and converted apartments and houses. The character-filled homes, situated in the Grade II listed buildings of the former Bristol General Hospital will include a converted chapel, triplex apartments with glazed upper floors and a penthouse apartment located in the unique octagonal tower, with views across the city to the Somerset countryside. The reinstatement of the original roofscapes and balconies will provide many of the apartments with their own terraces.
This extensive mix of properties, all set around a restored central courtyard, many with views of the waterfront, combine to offer a wide range of homes. An exclusive and partially gated community, The General provides the perfect city centre retreat; minutes from the bustling Bristol city centre, yet far enough to offer an oasis and retreat when needed.
At lower street level there are also a collection of commercial properties which have been deliberately included within the masterplan to aid investment, economic growth and vitality within the immediate area with Michelin starred restaurant Casamia, Paco Tapas and Pi Pizzeria Restaurant now all open.