The successful candidate will undergo full training and will work closely with the senior project team whilst having the Project Manager / project lead as a mentor. Responsibility will come early and with practical on-the-job learning, it is the ideal start to a successful and challenging career.
City & Country are a modern, forward thinking and award winning developer that undertake complex, challenging and exciting residential projects. Committed to excellence, we specialise in restoring and converting historical properties into unique dwellings of exceptional merit and character, and construct new homes alongside these schemes.
- Minimum 2:1 Degree (predicted or achieved
- To have excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- To have basic knowledge of the whole construction process at academic level
- To have basic knowledge of NHBC and/or Building Regulations processes, detailing and specification requirements.
- To have a basic understanding of the Health & Safety requirements on site
- To have good man management skills and be able to manage direct labour etc
- To have good conflict resolution skills
- To be a good record keeper
- To be proficient in IT including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project
- Ideally to have experience in dealing with listed buildings.
Specific tasks/responsibilities will include:
- To monitor & record all onsite activities, being the key person responsible for all paperwork on site.
- To build a core knowledge of the Company’s standard forms and procedures.
- To understand and learn the mechanisms, processes and procedures of the business
- To understand and learn the technology and management skills inn providing the product.
- To understand the interfaces and needs of, between various disciplines in the company.
- Be able to develop to a competent manager within the business.
- To be the Company’s onsite Ambassador.
- To assist in the management & organisation of all onsite activities and/or resources, including but not limited to labour, sub-contractors, materials & equipment.
- To motivate your ‘team’ to deliver the project, to the agreed parameters, with a commitment to health & safety, presentation and all the stakeholders involved i.e. colleagues, customers, professionals, suppliers, sub-contractors etc….
- Being the sole person in charge and record the daily progress of works using, but not limited to: Daily Diary, Plant Return, Labour Return, Confirmation of Verbal Instruction (CVI) & Request for Information (RFI).
- To build to the pre-determined quality, specification, programme & budget; and ensure that others have these in place at the beginning of the project.
- To give clear instructions at all times
- To produce short-term programmes to be approved by the Site Manager / Project Manager.
- To ensure the Health & Safety obligations of the company are met at all times including the maintenance of all necessary records, including scaffold register, lifting register, accident book, inductions …etc.
- To ensure all sub-contractors, suppliers etc. meet their Health & Safety obligations ensuring all relevant risk & method statements are present and filed.
- To liaise with all statutory services and co-ordinate their activities onsite.
- To manage & monitor all direct labour, ensuring good productivity & quality is achieved & re-enforcing this with required paperwork.
- To monitor day works and record information in the format required.
- To manage and co-ordinate the efficient & safe use of plant and equipment on site.
- To ensure site housekeeping is maintained and kept tidy.
- Quality control, inspection of works and rejection of sub-standard works.
- Maintenance of site records, drawings, information and registers.
- To ensure the site and everything upon it is secure.
- To ensure that all materials are on site on time and inspected prior to the delivery note being signed.
- To check that all materials delivered are to the correct specification and in accordance with the materials order.
- To read through all sub-contract orders and ensure that you have a full understanding of the scope of works and attendances required.
- To implement and maintain contract health and safety systems.
- To manage the identification of hazards on the sites
- Management the assessment and control of risks on the sites
- To maintain a customer care policy
- To ensure that published Authority Levels are adhered to at all times.
- Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of duties.
Personal characteristics required:
- Self-motivated and conscientious
- Ability to prioritise activities and manage a busy and demanding role
Essential Skills/Competencies/Qualifications Required:
1. Excellent communication skills – oral and written
2. Good organisational skills
3. Good problem solving skills
4. Good cost management skills
5. Strong attention to detail
6. High standard of personal presentation
7. Clean driving licence
For further information on City & Country and our developments, please click here