Breathing New Life into the Historic Garden Setting
City & Country's vision for the estate is to secure its long-term future by:
- Restoring, converting and enhancing the listed buildings, including the Sanatorium, Chapel and Engine House, to their former glory.
- Providing exceptional apartments in the refurbished main hospital building together with new houses, sympathetically designed and sensitively located to preserve the setting of the listed buildings and garden.
- Restoring, refurbishing and enhancing the listed Gertrude Jekyll gardens and measured pine walks through the grounds.
- Restoring and reinvigorating the wider grounds to improve their appearance and ecology, enhancing the estate’s contribution to the surrounding South Downs National Park.
- Putting in place a long-term plan for the management of the estate to safeguard its future